Saturday, 13 February 2016

OPI New Orleans 2016 - My Picks & Comparison


OPI's release for the start of 2016 is their New Orleans collection! It's got some great bold shades as well as having subtle soft ones too. Did you end up getting any? I chose Show Us Your Tips, Let Me Bayou a Drink, and Humid-tea.

 OPI Show Us Your Tips!
A gorgeous periwinkle polish that is sheer and incredibly sparkly. This is three coats here, you need that many to build the opacity and colour up. Otherwise it looks quite washed out and watery.

 OPI Let Me Bayou a Drink
A beautiful pink pearl shade. I really don't have anything like this in my collection and I'm over the moon to have this new addition! Bayou is a pale pink with a fine purple shimmer. The formula is patchy if you aren't careful. I needed 3 coats for full opacity.


 OPI Humid-tea
Humid-tea is a peachy-coral with a frosty shimmer. I really love this shade too, but I feel like I have this in my collection already! See below for the comparison with OPI Butterfly Moment. The formula was really nice on this one! Only needed two coats for full coverage.


 Comparison with OPI Butterfly Moment on ring and pointer, OPI Humid-tea on pinky and middle finger. The base colour seems to be the same, the only difference being that Butterfly has a golden shimmer where as Humid-tea has a blue shimmer.



Follow Nail Juice on FacebookInstagram Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. OPI polishes look fabulous, as always! I like "Show Us Your Tips" the most.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10