pIcture pOlish put together a Blog Fest for 2013, which meant that they sent you three colours to use and you had to create some nail art with them! The colours I was sent were Hot Lips, a beautiful searing fuchsia, Marine, a decadent teal creme, and Beige, a picture perfect nude.
At first I was a little bit stumped with how my three could work together as they were so different from one another! I had a nude, a neon and a teal! But the secret was to actually combine them. And by that I mean to mix the smallest amount of Marine in to a dab of Hot Lips to create different shades from thin one another. I also used tiny amounts of black to darken Hot Lips, and the more purpley Hot Lips for the middles of the flowers.
I have to say, Hot Lips is high on my top 20 list of fave polishes. She's just so bright it's impossible to feel sad when looking at that beautiful pink on your polished nails. I have worn it so many times, I couldn't wait to use it in this manicure!
So in order to create this manicure follow these steps:
- Paint two thin coats of Beige to create the base colour.
- For the fingers that you wish to gradient, paint a thin line of Hot Lips on the tips of these fingers.
- Once dry, paint a blob of Beige and Hot Lips together on a sponge.
- Dab the sponge in the middle of the thin Hot Lips line and the Beige nail.
- Repeat to get a smoother blend.
- For the fingers with flowers, use a small paint brush to paint the flowers in Hot Lips.
- Use Marine for the leaves of the flowers.
- Add a tiny amount of black to Hot Lips to create the darker inside of the flower.
- Top coat your beautiful creation, you're done!
Blog Fest Awards!