Friday, 9 March 2012

Orly Bonder AKA: Best Thing Since Sliced Bread


Or maybe in our case, it should be Best Thing Since Fast Dry Topcoat?.../lamejoke

Now that I think about... what is so great about sliced bread? ...

Today I have one of Orly's many treatments to show you, Bonder. A special rubberised base coat that helps your nail polish grip on. It retails for $12.50 in New Zealand at Farmers. Which really isn't bad. It is 9ml.

I have had a lot of recommendations to try out Orly Bonder as my manicure chips within the first or 2nd day. I can tell you already, I love this stuff! I never want to be without it ever again! I have worn it with every manicure since I bought it and none have chipped. None. I usually change my nails every 3 days so I haven't tried it past that many days.

I also have a lot of peelies on my nails too as I pick and peel my nail polish off... naughty I know... but Bonder really helps even out the nail polish over them, leaving a smooth surface.

If you have had either of the same problems as me, definitely give Bonder a go! I highly recommend it.

17 comments:

  1. ive recently discovered bonder too! its a miracle i tell ya! a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried CND's Stickey? I wonder if it's any better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also heard about that, but never tried it. It's harder to come across here.

      Delete
  3. I also heard a ton of good things about it and bought a bottle at Sally's a while ago. I tend to have my polish ride 'high' when I have it on - and I see a higher edge of the combo of the Bonder and my polish along the sides of each nail. It also tends not to chip off but rather pop off the entire polished nail with the base (Bonder) and color like it's a fake press on nail. Kind of odd. I do better with an Orly base called Nail Armor. I never have staining even with royal blue and purple or red creams when I use that. It also has a little ridge filler in it - I don't usually have ridges but I tend to see most polishes self level better when I use this for my base. I tend to have more bases that I have tried and not liked than bases I have tired and LOVED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to venture out into the rest of Orly's range! It is so hard to choose just one to go with.

      Delete
  4. I have and love Orly Bonder, too! I work in a lab and wear gloves most of the time and usually my polish comes off after a day or two. Bit this really helps with the chipping! The only letdown for me is that it does not really prevent staining when I use dark blue or green polish but that's ok since I barely go out with naked nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great it works for you as well! I did notice that when I wore OPI Do You Think I'm Texy, my nails were stained pink a little bit. I haven't been able to avoid that one though.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think the price is nice enough just to try! :)

      Delete
  6. I love Bonder. I do. But the one thing I don't like is that over time, little rubber boogers will start to form around the top and some will end up on your nails. Not so good :/

    I was talking about this booger problem on Twitter and was recommended CND Sticky. Now Sticky is my go to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is interesting lol... I will have to see if that happens! I will give Sticky a try if I ever find it :)

      Delete
  7. I've found that Stickey also gets the boogers... I prefer Bonder because of the colour mainly, you can use it over glitters as a sort of pre-topcoat glitter tamer, works really well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Thanks for sharing Labmuffin :)

      Delete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10