Sunday, 12 February 2012

Essie Neo-Whimsical


I finally found it! The perfect baby pink. It's not bubblegum, it's not lavender, but right smack bang in the middle. But there's a catch...


Neo-Whimsical has one of the worst formulas I have ever come across. Why do you do this Essie? Are you happy to release a polish this bad and have your name on it? 

This is three coats here and in places you can see streaks and slight bald patches. I've tried a variety of different bases but nothing seems to help. I absolutely adore the colour and love it to pieces when I wear it, but it chips within the same day.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've had Mod About You, Pandamonium Pink and a few others but most are too chalky or too yellow.

4 comments:

  1. Nooooo! Damn you Essie. I find their formulas troublesome too. A similar colour might be China Glaze's Something Sweet, but I suspect it pulls a bit bluer and it definitely has formula issues too. I like these kinds of pinks but tend to steer clear since they're prone to formula issues! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check that out little pickle! I guess it's like trying to find a non-streaky yellow haha :D

      Delete
  2. First i just did see the pichure, and then that is was neo whimsical - Love the color and just got it in my mail yesterday, so was looking forward to try it. But is not so excited if the formular is really bad.. not really what i wanted, but on your pichures it looks way more beautiful than what i have imagined when i got it... so now i just need to try it out my self...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely colour, it just takes a lot of effort to get it looking nice. Let me know if you find something that works! :)

      Delete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10