Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Quick Look at: Kleancolor Chunky Purple Holo



You can imagine my surprise finding these in New Zealand! I always knew about the Kleancolor display at Postie, but it always has such boring colours. But yesterday... Yesterday, something amazing happened!




Chunky Holo Purple. Tons of them. I couldn't believe it! And to make things even better, the sign said "Two for $6". THREE DOLLARS EACH?! 





They are $4 each if you wish not to buy two. Needless to say, I bought two bottles.




They also had another one from their Chunky Holo line. I can't quite remember it's name, but it was a bright coral/orange/pink. It had the same kind of sheer base with this sort of glitter, but it wasn't duochrome at all in the bottle. I decided to leave that one behind.




But before I purchased them, I remembered all the bad things people say about how Kleancolors smell! I opened up the bottle and took a whiff. It didn't seem that strong to me. It just smelt like nail polish. I got the boyfriend to sniff it too (we must have looked like absolute nutters in the store, debating the smell of a nail polish, taking several whiffs), he didn't think the smell was overwhelming either.




There is somebody selling these on TradeMe for $10 each. I have been seriously considering them each week, but now that I know they are $3 each, what a rip.




As soon as I got home, I whipped out a tip with OPI Sapphire in the Snow out and chucked a few coats of chunky purple holo on top. This was 4 coats.


I'm still in shock about actually seeing these in New Zealand, for less than $10. 

11 comments:

  1. Well, they sell for around a $1 in most beauty supply stores in the states, so I'm glad they didn't jack the prices up in NZ! That's very good to know. These are such beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am so glad they decided not to hike up the prices :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos, it's so rainbowy even on the swatch! i don't think the holo glitters smell as bad as the pigmented polishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. es demasiado hermoso ese color =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're only $1.75 on beautyjoint.com! That is where I purchase mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Chicago they sell for 1.00 to 1.99 in most beauty supply stores i've seen them in...so $10 is a total rip off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh Im going to go see if I can find it! $3 is so cheap for any polish in NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kleancolor is definitely my favourite brand of afforadable polish (especially for a poor student). I came across them last year in Postie and I bought 2 colours and didn't see them for ages afterwards. Then I noticed that they were slowly bringing more and more Kleancolor into the Postie stores! It's exciting, but they definitely don't have the colours I want, so I order mine from Beautyjoint. I can't believe that people have them for $10 on Trademe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I can get these at flea markets here in CA for 75 cents! Can't even imagine paying $3 for a Kleancolor! For $3 I can get my OPIs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping in mind that these are New Zealand prices :) Polishes are generally a whole heap cheaper in the states.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10