Saturday, 25 June 2011

OPI Shatter Collection & Nail Apps



The Shatter collection is now officially released in New Zealand. Look at that barren display. I almost bought the navy blue hiding in the back. But then I reminded myself, these are a lot cheaper on TradeMe.


But then... I saw these!




Look at these! I haven't seen or heard anything about them! How cool do they look? Of course all of the exciting ones are gone or were never in stock. But I did find one design I loved...




This was the design I desperately wanted to try out. I mean how cool would it be to have it look like you've got blood splattered on your fingertips?




Check out that price! I was standing there staring in disbelief. Surely the $31.00 price tag is wrong. They all have them! Ok maybe they last quite a while. I check the bottom of the packet, 1-2 days wear. Ok. WHAT?! Are they for real?! $31.00 for one to two days wear.


Who are the ones on crack here? OPI or Smith & Caugheys? There are just so many things wrong with the price. I really, really want to try them but only if they dropped the cost by about, oh I don't know, half!


Has anyone tried these?

11 comments:

  1. Pure BS, over $30?! No, not buying those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $31!??!!? Oh my lord, that is ludicrous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy prices, I tell you :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 dollars? uh, no thanks. i might as well go to a salon and get minx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I find disturbing is that if all the cool designs were gone...PEOPLE HAD ACTUALLY PAID $31!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I thought the Sally Hansen ones were pricey at $10.00!! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't bother - tried them at a trade show they came off in the shower the next morning. If you want the stick on look, go with Minx. They at least last for 2 WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The turquoise shatter looks pretty awesome :)

    movie-smash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can get this look at home! I just had my boyfriend fling polish on my nails. Here's a link to my blood spattered nails and it contains links to 3 other versions all using different techniques.

    http://concreteandnailpolish.blogspot.com/2010/10/dexter-blood-spatter-halloween-nails.html

    I'll be watching for your version!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will give that a go April! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. No it's definitely opi on crack they are uber expensive in the US as well, better off trying the sally hansen ones I think! OPI does have some awesome designs though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10