Saturday, 11 June 2011

Essie Borrowed & Blue



Here we have Borrowed and Blue from Essie's wedding collection this year. First of all, I'm sure just the name would make it a huge hit. Can you imagine all the brides with their baby blue toenails? Or fingertips if they are daring! I think it's quite nice really, but I don't quite understand how it's borrowed? Unless you are borrowing the shade from someone, you paid for it, you own it.




As much as I love baby blues, this one left me wanting more. Perhaps it isn't as creamy as I thought it was. It is a very chalky pastely blue.


It's quite close to Color Club's Take Me To Your Chateau and Blue Light, but it definitely has that starkness to it that those two don't.

9 comments:

  1. Linda cor amei este esmalte,é uma das poucas marcas que ainda não tenho!

    Lindas suas unhas!
    Ótimo final de semana
    Beijos coloridos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how creamy this blue looks. It looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It comes from the old expression for good luck for brides that they are supposed to wear on their wedding day:

    something old
    something new
    something borrowed
    and something blue

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! I love this color! So flattering on your skin tone too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree, sweet shade but a bit heavy looking... the OPI Skull & Glossbones is actually amazing! I was wondering how would it look on nails, so thanks for sharing!
    Hugs from Australian who loves NZ:)
    http://crashingred.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this color! I'm wearing it on my toe nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful colour, I wish I'd own a similar one :)
    Oh, and I wanted to say that I really like the shape of your nails!
    Have a nice day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this blue! It is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10