Thursday, 26 May 2011

OPI Mermaid's Tears

Mermaid's Tears is from OPI's Pirate's of the Caribbean collection. I only picked up four out of seven; Mermaid's Tears, Steady as She Rose, Skulls & Glossbones and the silver shatter. I am just smitten with all of them!


I didn't really like the other three that much. Sparrow Me The Drama and Planks A Lot seemed to be brighter than the rest, and Stranger Tides just looked weird against my skin.


Here I am wearing two coats. Lovely coverage with Mermaid's Tears, very nice formula as well.

This colour took me back to when Peppermint Patti was a big thing and everybody started doing minty greens and blues. Mermaid's Tears, like the rest of the collection, has a dusty quality to it. So it's a lot greyer than most mint greens. However! The OPI display I looked at was right beside Orly's new lot, Precious. Ancient Jade looked to be just a smidgen off of being a complete duplicate.

Mermaid's Tears is one of my new favourites. I just love all the colours being released at the moment.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you didnt pay $27 and get these from Farmers. I think I am kinda going to boycott OPI at these prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, this one's my favorite out of the whole collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning polish! Love it on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was from Farmers, but their prices seemed to be the old ones, no increase. But my mum bought these three and decided she didn't like them on her :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10