Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Color Club Almost Famous


Looks timid in the bottle compared to some of the others, but once on the nail... You've got yourself a beautiful buttery yellow.

The first time I tried Almost Famous, I wasn't too fond of it because it seemed like it was going to take a never ending amount of coats to get it looking nice... But this morning when I was taking my time swatching, it applied so much nicer. I only needed two coats for complete coverage.
Definitely don't rush this one along, otherwise you'll get nowhere.

Usually I don't really go for yellows because they're usually a pain to apply and make my hands look red, but I think I could break this one out a few times during Spring :)

















Almost Famous is definitely not a pastel or a neon, but it is certainly not for the shy! I wonder what my Nana would think the next time I showed up to do her nails with Almost Famous?

AVAILABLE IN STORES EARLY SEPTEMBER

7 comments:

  1. I don't do yellows, but I could see myself warming up to a color like this, especially for the summertime. I'm thinking this would look great against a black/grey outfit; the color is so popping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear yellow as well but this one looks very cute on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ping - you are so right!

    Anastacia - thank-you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Holland I've seen some warm yellow clothing in the stores for the autumn collections. I like that color so I think I need to buy more yellow besides my It Color. This one seems perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love taxi cab yellows! Well, what am I saying, I love all yellows. But this kind of color makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good on u! i'm wearing opi 'fiercely fiona' at present which to me seems to have a more golden shimmer than this one. but i love em both.

    btw. i was searching some older posts to find inspiration for (new) swatches and noticed that u used to have gorgeous long nails. they looked amazing when u wore opi's 'bleu blue' or 'gotta get pink'. don't u miss your beautiful long nails? don't get me wrong your nails still look pretty, but back then they looked stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shanthi - well those nails were back in the days when I was still living with my parents and didn't have to do much around the house, but now that i've moved out I can't really keep them that long anymore :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10