Saturday, 27 March 2010

MAC Liberty Of London: Nail Polish Swatches





















Blue India was very popular in the states and sold out so quickly. However, at the release party I went to, I think my mum and I were the only ones who paid attention to the polishes! So I don't think they will be quite as a big seller here.

BLUE INDIA

FORMULA
Was amazing! Best MAC formula ever! 98% coverage in the first coat. It was so smooth and creamy. I hope MAC produces more like this!

COLOUR
The colour of Blue India is sort of a dusty teal. But it doesn't have too much green in it, more of a blue teal. But definitely dusty. 

It is quite a universal colour too, I tried it on and loved it, same happened with mum. My hands are more neutral coloured with yellow tones around my cuticles where as mum has more red undertones. So I think it will work with multiple skintones.

VESTRAL WHITE

FORMULA
The formula for this polish was really... different. I've never come across something like this before so I wasn't too sure on what to do for it.

It felt like I was applying a cream polish but then it left weird streaks as matte polishes do when you put them on too thin. I had to use 3 coats to get it all evened out.

I feel a white ridgefiller would help with this.

COLOUR
The colour of Vestral White is not quite a stark white. More of a creamy white. Like it has a little bit of softness to it as apposed to OPI Alpine Snow but not quite as soft as say Zoya Lucy or OPI Time-less is More.

8 comments:

  1. I really like both of you! Can't wait for the collection to launch here :) I love your nail that short by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue India is SO GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! It is so exciting to see in real life. The packaging just blows you away.

    Brooke, I think you need to get one if you hadn't already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the packaging as much as anything! So cute!
    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoB - totally agree! I am in love hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Launches on April 1st doesn't it?! Can't wait, although maybe it's an April fool :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love BLUE INDIA! It's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!
    The blue one was really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10