Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Different Nail Polish Finishes

Creme - a colour that has no shimmer/glitter/holo. Often mistaken as Matte. Take a look at OPI Gotta Get Pink!

Matte - A polish that dries matte, no shiny. Please do not get Creme and Matte mixed up :D
Neons often dry matte. Take a look at Matte Grape

Holographic - A polish that has rainbow coloured glitter and they look amazing in the sun! Take a look at Worth The Risque or under the 'Holographic' label :)

Holographic Glitter - A polish that has scattered pieces of glitter than shine different colors of the rainbow. Take a look at OPI Text Me Text You

Shimmer - A polish that has little bits of different coloured shimmer to the base or very similar to the base colour. These can vary quite a lot. Take a look at Misa No Shrinking Violetta and Superstitious or Pretty and Privileged

Frosted - A very smooth and fine shimmer. Take a look at OPI Suzi & The Lifeguard and Tangerine Scene for an example

Pearl - Similar to Frosted but has a somewhat pearl quality to it. Take a look at Misa Little Tease

Glitter - A polish that has chunks of glitter, often bigger and grittier than shimmer. Take a look at Cherry Much In Love, Emerald Sparkle or Midnight Blue Glitter

Duo-chrome - A nail polish that often flashes different colours. Take a look at OPI Tahoe Topaz and Santee Rainbow Pink

Irridescent - A shimmer in a polish that is often a different colour. Take a look at OPI Yokohama Twilight

Jelly - a translucent polish, usually very very shiny and creme. Take a look at Zoya Morgan.

Neon - a super bright polish that usually dries matte. If they are sheer, you can layer them over a white. Take a look at Pure Energy, The Grass Is Greener On My Side or Pink Flame

Sheer - a polish that is usually used for French Manicures, designed to show the white tip. Take a look at Ready To Wear, Bailey and I'm Yours.

If there are any I have forgotten or there is anything you would like me to explain, feel free to ask :D

NOTE: I will be updating the links shortly to newer photos.

12 comments:

  1. This is extremely helpful. :) I am going to link to this on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific idea to do this list with an explantion. Also the examples that are ready to be clicked on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! are you removing this from your sidebar??????

    I always reference this list and am thankful that you had/have it posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AntiSocialButterfly15 October 2009 at 07:06

    Flakies, You forgot Nfu Oh Flakies lol Otherwise great list, This is were I learnt about Jellies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vegan - awesome!

    Lucy - Thank-you! hopefully I will be updating it soon.

    Nefertari - not a problem :)

    Deez - :O ok then I will put it back up once I have edited it :D

    ASB - THANKYOU! You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I use this on my blog to be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candypaint - sure as long as you say where you got it from :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get the lessson i need.. thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10