Monday, 19 October 2009

Chanel Jade




















I know I tried frankening this, but it just wasn't the same!


Chanel's Jade was only released in special Chanel boutiques and make-up stores or something. New Zealand doesn't have one. So a friend in the states helped me track one down. I am so greatful.


Perfect formula. Nice thickness to it and it flows on smoothly. The brush is ok but would be better if the bristles weren't so fricken long, if they were shorter they would be more firm making it easier to control it.


I used two thin-ish coats here. If it were a real manicure I would've used another coat just to make sure I cover everything completely.


When it came in the mail my partner was having a look at it and quite liked the shimmer Jade had lol. I then asked dad what he thought of green nails showing him Jade on one, "Cool!" he told me. Haha, at least he doesn't ask mum to wear red or boring sheers.

The verdict? I wouldn't change a single thing about Jade. Chanel did well.

13 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful color! I drool everytime I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chanel jade is soooo pretty!
    im still debating whether i should get it. it's kinda pricey, but i cant find a similar dupe for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That's soo pretty!!! I didn't really like Jade until I saw your swatches! I totally regret not ordering it now. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous. I'm really hoping I can pick one up this weekend in Selfridges :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still dont know if i wanna pay that much for this color. does anyone know if that opi color (damone 1968) is a close resemblance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's really gorgeous!! too bad they dont sell it in Canada!! =[

    ReplyDelete
  7. This nail polish is a dream come true! Was beautiful on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gildedangel - haha me too

    alex - I think go for it! theres nothing quite like it

    wan - awww! maybe swap for it?

    helen - hope there is one there waiting for you :)

    augusta - damone is more greyed mint green and is a creme, jade has a really nice green/blue shimmer to it.

    miss queenie - it's a pain isn't it?

    camila - thank-you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. My. Gosh. I am going to have to track that down, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This colour is absolutely stunning. I never thought I'd like green for my nails, but what the heck, frankly, I don't give a damn what colour I wear now! This is amazing! What isn't, though, is the price tag, and the non-existent Chanel in Argentina, hahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this colour! I'm getting it when it is released here (NZ) next month and i cant wait! I've heard that its going to be released at the counters. I want this sooo bad!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10