Saturday, 11 July 2009

OPI Venus Di Violet

I decided to post this now because if I don't it will just rot away in my posts page.

I really don't like this colour. I think if it had a little more colour to it, I would like it, but it's just like a nothing colour. Does nothing for me.

Then again it would be great for work or maybe a wedding? Nah, there are way better colours out there than Venus Di Violet. I do love my bright and bold colours though.

This is OPI's Venus Di Violet, re-released with their Colorcopia collection.

I used three coats here. I really didn't like the formula on this one. It was quite runny and gloopy but thick all at the same time. I wouldn't put up with this to do a whole manicure, I'm glad there were only four nails to do.

Maybe it's just too close to my skin tone? I think it could look nice on paler or darker skin than mine. It would stand out a lot more on those I think.

6 comments:

  1. OK, what's my problem - I _really_ like this on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color looks pretty in the pics, but I know exactly what you mean about it perhaps being too light. I have a couple of baby pink polishes and creams that look great when swatched on paper, but just don't work with my fair complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina - haha! my sister thinks the same

    Emilita - yay i'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so different to mine, which has less of a baby pink sheen and more darker purple. Is yours the original or the re-release?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks pretty on your nails. I do like polishes with more color to them. You only polish 4 nails for this blog? Good idea as it should save wear and tear on all nails. Also, sorry about your pictures being stolen. You take such beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen - mine was the re-release

    Lucy - Yeah, a lot of the time I do full manis, but when the sun is out I swatch away! Thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10