Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Japanese Holographics - Blue

I just bought another of this one today for my friend Lauren, I thought it would suit her golden skin tone beautifully. I also brought her another blue polish, its a pastel-baby blue frost/shimmer (hard to tell in the bottle). I'm thinking I may need to get some for myself hehe!

A gorgeous baby blue holographic. You know what me and mum couldn't figure out? How a Japanese company is able to produce these lovelies when they apply just as a 'salon' polish would, last like a 'salon' polish would, but they are a fraction of the price?

I mean, I got this one for $3.00, an OPI Designer Series polish here, would cost me $40.00 x_x Seriously crazy.

The bottles are probably half the size of an OPI, but still that's only $6.00 VS. $40.00


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Honestly I think that the markup on polish is quite huge. I doubt the price of ingredients for drugstore and salon polishes are different. They probably cost the same to manufacture (just like makeup).

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello steph! speaking of those japanese nail polish, isn't you gave one on your ROAK? so who is the lucky random person? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorg! Wonder if you can get them anywhere in Oz..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shade, it is totally ridiculous the mark up on polish pricing :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. With that big of a cost difference! I'd stick with buying the japanese if you can get them there!! Forget Opi DS! Thats just as beautiful! I think Opi in general is over priced. I confess, I still buy them. I think were all paying for the name. Kinda like designer jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. most Japanese brands/items are much better than American items!!!! Always remember that! May it be food, electronics, beauty products or whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely beautiful! So many great 'foreign to me' polishes out there, I need to take a worldwide trip to get them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty! I'd also stick with the Japanese polishes. I think it's just as pretty as OPI DS. The price is fantastic. I think most of the price is for advertising. I doubt very much that putting all these chemicals together is expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10