Thursday, 23 April 2009

Becoming A Nail Technician

Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the new polishes so far :)

I thought I would just let you know how this course is going for me. It has given me great confidence. I dunno where it came from... I always used to wish the teacher didn't pick me to read or answer a question at school, but on my course, i'm dying to answer!

I have talked to all my class mates and made friends with them, with no problem. And we all seem to get along really well!

I really like this environment. My tutor is so nice, she always finds us a way to learn something we are having trouble one, like the bones in our arms and legs for example lol. I don't think I want to leave or go to university.

All of us are Kinesetic learners, so we need pictures, bright colours, drawings, models, demonstrations and then we need to do it ourselves several times before we learn it. We also get to do a lot of colouring in! I know it all sort of sounds like kid stuff to do, but boy, it works hehe. If only high school had been like this, I would have passed with flying colours lol

I strongly recommend doing a course like this :) If you enjoy it, of course!

Today:
- I bought a second Peppermint Patti. I've worn it three times already, that's a first.
- I learned all of the bones in our feet and leg. Femur, Tibia, Fibula, Tarsels, Meta-tarsels, Phalanges.
- I learned that we have a type of joint in our body where the bones glide over each other, unlike pivoting and the ol' ball in socket.
- I got another sticker on my chart of units that we have to pass.
- I finally mastered the hand and arm massage!


TYPING WHAT I LEARNT THAT DAY HELPS ME REMEMBER :D I CAN'T REALLY STUDY, I JUST SWITCH OFF COMPLETELY, SO THIS HELPS ME GREATLY!

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're enjoying it, Steph! I bet you must be the most well-informed of the bunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! =) Sounds like you're having a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sound alot alike as far as studying and high school. I am considering taking a nail tech course here too, I have always wanted to do that.

    I'm glad to hear that you are loving it and having a blast learnimg all these cool things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanx for sharing! It's so interesting hearing about all the stuff you're learning. Keep up the great work. Sounds like you already are an AMAZING tech!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are having a blast. When I went to cosmetology school I enjoyed the nail part so much (exept the part where the talk about the different nail diseases) I almost wanted to drop the course and switch over to the nail tech course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i too am interested in stuff like makeup and nailpolishes. here in india we dont have any good places that offer nail tech courses. i envy you! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such fun. It's much easier learning about things you really love. It's amazing how much easier things come to you when your really interested! My Mother used to tell me that if I courses about makeup and rock music I would be an A student. Wasn't interested in school. I think I would've done much better if I was older. My head wasn't into it. Really enjoying your reports from school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I know tibia and fibula too, but not of the same reason.. I had to know for a PE test.. Not by far as fun as your course, I think. :P Good that you're getting along with you classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed reading about your schooling and it sounds like you have a real passion for it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol These people are so nice to you Steph. When you meet my mother you have to teach her how to do nails properly.... and I'd like a hand massage tomorrow Please ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10