Wednesday, 22 July 2009

My Dream Polish.... *sigh* ♥

Sooo many photo's I know.... but isn't it to die for?!

I just wanted to show you all the angles, sunlight, shade, closeups etc. hehe :D This would be my number one polish of all times, I would buy twenty bottles, just because it is so pretty to look at. Twirling it in the sunlight, looking at all the pretty sparkles and luscious pink shimmer... This polish only exists in my dreams and when layered.

I guess you want to know what polishes were used? The base colour was OPI's getting HTF, Make Love... at three coats to achieve complete opacity. Then I used one of my favourite Yokohama's, Starbright Sparkles II. I used two coats of SBSII.

I really did not want to take this off, but FIVE coats does not dry so quickly and of course got damaged and dented :( At least I have photographs!!!

Imagine this coming out for a Valentines collection? I'd be in Nail Polish heaven.

Here is the effect Starbright Sparkles II gives Make Love, it has a little bit of white in it's base so it creates a lighter baby pink. It has a beautiful pink shimmer which is noticeable over Make Love, and it has little sparkly glitter pieces scattered throughout. Just adding that little bit of 'pizazz' ♥

Oh I need to franken!!

And of course, if you know of any polish similar to this, please please please let me knoooow~!

































13 comments:

  1. hello! i promise tomorrow morning i'll take a picture of the closest pink that i have from THEFACESHOP that's pretty much close to the one you have! i can't do it now cause it's evening here and my camera sucks during evenings? LOL. btw, i already sent you an email! any questions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! Got it today the OPI DESIGNER SERIES GLAMOUR!!!
    As you said it's amazing!!!and your swatch are very accurate!!!
    The colors is the same yours!!!
    Too beautiful i must got the other designer series color...
    Excuse for the OT but i must tell you!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlene - Your a sweetie :) TY very much ♥

    Astasia - Yay!!! Im so happy for you! I dont mind OT posts :D Have you looked at Fantasy? A bit darker and not as much holo. I cant make my mind up about that one hehe, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. It reminds me of OPI Think Merry, Pink Merry (for Ulta).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It reminds me of opi's pinking of you, but that one is like a little more brighter pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the pink colour it looks so nice!! btw i dunno if its juz me but somehow i feel that ur thumb fingernail looks weird.. as in its nt as squarish as ur other fingers?? i cant reali put my finger on it but it juz looks out of place to me lol..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I compared your color to the ones in my stash. It is most similar to Sinful Pink 4 Ever -- a similar pink tone with multi-colored glitter. My Pink 4 Ever is more glitter-y, however.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Help Request!
    Well girl the search is started! i need help to find a clone of this "OPI DS Royal" polish, pink with liliac glitter!!!
    Look here
    http://flickr.com/photos/lextard/2650068319/

    Steph can you suggest me some other similar polish?That one is became rare!!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking at Scrangie's blog and her swatch of OPI Suzi and the Lifeguard from the new South Beach collection looks a lot like this. It might be a tad darker and I'm not sure how the shimmer compares to yours.

    Perla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks very much for your suggestions guys :)

    Astasia - I don't really know of any polishes similar to Royal. It is quite unique! It isnt too hard to find yet :D

    Perla - TY!!! Ive been eyeing that one up and cant wait to get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Steph...where i buy the opi polish tell me it's hard to find...i must look other shop online...
    Where i can view for sure what are the polish which are become hard to find? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty!!!<3
    did u ever try mixing ur polishes? im not sure if it would work tho but worth a try maybe so u dont hav eot put on so many layers?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment, I read every one! :)

01 10